I cleaned up the sketch I was drawing in Photoshop of the pose, printed it at about 300%, and traced it onto the paper I was working on by covering the back of the image with graphite. I didn’t want to fiddle around and dirty my paper figuring out anatomy. The paper is Stonehenge paper I bought as a last resort because the art store I went to during a blizzard didn’t really have actual watercolour paper. I already regret this rash decision. This is printmaking paper – it EATS liquids. I was originally planning to use watercolour, but as you’ll see in future posts – I am mixing watercolour and gauche and using it more like an acrylic. The paper was stretched (took several attempts and worked out okay), and then covered in a yellow wash. I have found my drawings lately look too ‘bleached’ because I work straight on white paper, so I thought I’d give washes a try again.