Month: May 2015

WIP Shots of Repainted Ballerina in Spotlight #10

0131

It was late at night and I was tired. I was certain I finished the head as you can see I already signed the painting in the corner. Luckily, I always have a critic around to tell me it was definitely too huge. After hours of looking at a painting, your eyes get tired and everything starts looking good. Next morning after I woke up, it was very clear the head was too large. The hair was obnoxious and the expression was snobby.

C’était tard de nuit, j’étais fatiguée. J’ai été certain d’avoir fini la tête, comme vous pouvez voir j’avais déjà signé la peinture. Heureusement, il y a toujours un critic près de moi à m’a dit que la tête était trop grande. Après avoir regardé un tableau pendant quelques heures, vos yeux sont très fatigués et tout semblait parfait. Le prochain matin après je me suis réveillée, c’était plus clair encore. Les cheveux étaient odieux et l’expression était snobby.

 

WIP Shots of Repainted Ballerina in Spotlight #6

0127

I finished the top (I think), and I am developing the tutu further. I am trying to leave most of the hidden leg visible so that it doesn’t appear deformed in the position it is in. Strangely with 2D still images, it is very important to convey anatomy believable more than 100% accurately – sometimes things just look “wrong” frozen in time.

J’ai fini le haut, je pense. Maintenant, je développe le tutu davantage. J’essayais laisser la plupart de la jambe cachée visible afin qu’elle n’apparaisse pas malformée dans cette position. Étrangement avec les images fixés, c’est plus important que les images transmettent un sens de l’anatomie croyable plus que précis.

WIP Shots of Repainted Ballerina in Spotlight #5

0126
Here, I spent most of my attention on illustrating the subtle muscles in legs. This was difficult from a straight-on angle, where everything appears flattened out. Also, painted in the slippers and started the top.

Ici, j’ai mis mon attention à illustrer les muscles subtils des jambes. C’était difficile avec l’angle étroit où tous apparaissait aplatis. J’ai aussi peinturé les escarpins et j’ai commencé le haut.